Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dragon growth chart - steps 3 & 4

In step 3 I cout out the dragon shape in the wood following my dark line I made in step 2. Here it is

For smoothness, I sanded the sides and for security I rounded the pointy wings by sanding htem as well.

To continue with step 4 I decided that would not use primar since I wanted my daughter to paint it with me today and colors so much more fun ! Because my sun's bedroom's accents are orange, the dragon had to be orange as well. Here is our first coat of orange.


We than when on coloring the horns, the belly, and the wings. During her nap I applied the second coat everywhere and added some details to the wings. There are still some touch ups to be made but here is the almost final product :-)



After these 2 steps I still have a few painting touch ups and the growth chart to draw and vernish the final product and its ready for wrapping ! 

In my next post I will show you the final product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment