Sunday, December 19, 2010

The white sage's hunt - Step 6

I made the grass I wanted. Now I'm not sure if something is missing, but it does feel like so. I will have to look at it for a few days and decide if this is my final touch or if I could do something more. One thing that bothers me, I guess a beginner's mistake, is that we can see the snow's texture now in the grass I've added. I loved the texture, but I wasn't able to cover it well with the paint for the grass. Comparing the digital with the oil, I feel that the oil is a bit empty. The owl was better positioned in the digital piece. The digital has also more depth in the grass and the ground in the right corner. Well I guess I just answered myself, and that is what I will have to work on.

Previous version

New version (color differs because of lighting during photo take)

Digital version

No comments:

Post a Comment